Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

& the day finally arrived!




I had for a few months, Braxton Hicks. But once the real contractions started, it was no mistake that we new we would meet our baby soon. It was Thursday, June 17, after lunch I started timing out my contractions at work on a piece of paper by my desk. Towards the end of the day they started to get worst, but I refused to leave work, because they might of stopped. I went home and Scott and I walked around town, timing my contractions and they got worst and worst.


A storm rolled in that evening and it was bad. Thunder and lightening and a downpour of rain. We left for the hospital after midnight. They trip to the hospital 30 minutes away, seemed to take 2 hours with the storm.


We both ran into the ER and they wheeled me to the birth center. After I was all set up with an epidural, Scott and I both slept a little, but I woke up soon after, thinking to myself that I didn't want to do this anymore and I was scared of pushing this baby out of me, I decided that I would just keep her inside of me.


After a few hours, it was time to push....and after 3 hours of pushing our baby was finally here. Scott told me "It's a girl!" I requested that he tell me instead of the doctor.

Everlly Jeanette Kloth was born, 8 lbs. 8 ounces, 19 inches long and a head FULL of dark, black, thick hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment